Details coming soon!
- PURPOSE OF THIS NOTICE
This notice describes how we collect and use personal data about you, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Data Protection Act [1998 OR 2018] and any other national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, as amended or updated from time to time, in the UK (‘Data Protection Legislation’).
Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
- ABOUT US
J & D Accountants Ltd is an accountancy and tax advisory firm. We are registered in England and Wales as a limited company under number: 07969517 and our registered office is at 8 Esplanade Crescent, Scarborough, North Yorkshire, YO11 2XB.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Legislation and this notice, we are the ‘data controller’. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal data about you. We are required under the Data Protection Legislation to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice.
- HOW WE MAY COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We obtain personal data about you, for example, when:
- ·you request a proposal from us in respect of the services we provide;
- ·you OR your employer OR our clients engages us to provide our services and also during the provision of those services;
- ·you contact us by email, telephone, post, web contact form, social media, for example when you have a query about our services; or
- ·from third parties and/or publicly available resources (for example, from your employer or from Companies House).
- THE KIND OF INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
The information we hold about you may include the following:
- ·your personal details (such as your name and address, national insurance number, tax code and salary);
- ·details of contact we have had with you in relation to the provision, or the proposed provision, of our services;
- ·details of any services you have received from us;
- ·our correspondence and communications with you;
- ·information about any complaints and enquiries you make to us;
- ·Information we receive from other sources, such as publicly available information, information provided by your employer OR our clients or information from our member network firms.
- HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
We may process your personal data for purposes necessary for the performance of our contract with you OR your employer OR our clients and to comply with our legal obligations.
We may process your personal data for the purposes necessary for the performance of our contract with our clients. This may include processing your personal data where you are an employee, subcontractor, supplier or customer of our client.
We may process your personal data for the purposes of our own legitimate interests provided that those interests do not override any of your own interests, rights and freedoms which require the protection of personal data. This includes processing for [marketing, business development, statistical and management purposes].
We may process your personal data for certain additional purposes with your consent, and in these limited circumstances where your consent is required for the processing of your personal data then you have the right to withdraw your consent to processing for such specific purposes.
Please note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful basis depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data.
SITUATIONS IN WHICH WE WILL USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may use your personal data in order to:
- ·carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you OR your employer OR our clients and us (which will most usually be for the provision of our services)
- ·carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between our clients and us (which will most usually be for the provision of our services) where you may be a subcontractor, supplier or customer of our client;
- ·provide you with information related to our services and our events and activities that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, provided you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- ·seek your thoughts and opinions on the service we provide;
- ·notify you about any changes to our services.
In some circumstances we may anonymise or pseudonymise the personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use it without further notice to you.
If you refuse to provide us with certain information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have entered into with you. Alternatively, we may be unable to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations.
We may also process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in accordance with this notice, where we are legally required or permitted to do so.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it is collected.
When assessing what retention period is appropriate for your personal data, we take into consideration:
- ·the requirements of our business and the services provided;
- ·any statutory or legal obligations;
- ·the purposes for which we originally collected the personal data;
- ·the lawful grounds on which we based our processing;
- ·the types of personal data we have collected;
- ·the amount and categories of your personal data; and
- ·whether the purpose of the processing could reasonably be fulfilled by other means.
CHANGE OF PURPOSE
Where we need to use your personal data for another reason, other than for the purpose for which we collected it, we will only use your personal data where that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
Should it be necessary to use your personal data for a new purpose, we will notify you and communicate the legal basis which allows us to do so before starting any new processing.
- DATA SHARING
WHY MIGHT YOU SHARE MY PERSONAL DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES?
We will share your personal data with third parties where we are required by law, where it is necessary to administer the relationship between us or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so.
WHICH THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS PROCESS MY PERSONAL DATA?
Third parties” includes third-party service providers. The following activities are carried out by third-party service providers: IT and cloud services, professional advisory services, administration services, fee protection (Croner Taxwise) and banking services.
All of our third-party service providers are required to take commercially reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect your personal data. We only permit our third-party service providers to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
WHAT ABOUT OTHER THIRD PARTIES?
We may share your personal data with other third parties, for example H M Revenue & Customs and Banks or Mortgage Providers. We may also need to share your personal data with a regulator or to otherwise comply with the law.
- TRANSFERRING PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA (EEA)
We will not transfer the personal data we collect about you outside of the EEA.
- DATA SECURITY
We have put in place commercially reasonable and appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
- RIGHTS OF ACCESS, CORRECTION, ERASURE, AND RESTRICTION
YOUR DUTY TO INFORM US OF CHANGES
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Should your personal information change, please notify us of any changes of which we need to be made aware by contacting us, using the contact details below.
YOUR RIGHTS IN CONNECTION WITH PERSONAL DATA
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- ·Request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive details of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are processing it lawfully.
- ·Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you.
- ·Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- ·Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this basis. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- ·Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- ·Request the transfer of your personal data to you or another data controller if the processing is based on consent, carried out by automated means and this is technically feasible.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
- RIGHT TO WITHDRAW CONSENT
Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your personal information (personal data) for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
- CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
Any changes we may make to our privacy notice in the future will be updated on our website.
This privacy notice was last updated in May 2018.
- CONTACT US
You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues, at any time. The ICO’s contact details are as follows:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone – 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745
Website – https://ico.org.uk/concerns
Whether you are starting up a new business, established business or it’s a personal matter, we can provide advice and practical assistance in the following areas:
- Sole Trader
- Limited Company
- Micro Entity
Corporation, Partnership and Personal Tax Returns
Subcontractor Tax Returns
VAT Returns – Preparation and submission
Income from property
Company secretarial – submission of annual returns & other forms
Tax Planning – Business & Personal
Cash flow & budgeting
John Suddaby - CTA, ATT
John is a keen sportsman. Attends morning bootcamps to keep fit, is a keen runner, plays for a tennis club and is a member of a local walking group. He has a passion for cooking which means he rustles up some fantastic food for dinner parties and tasty cake for the afternoon coffee.
Dominic Watkins - ACA, FMAAT
Dominic is a car enthusiast, enjoys cooking and exploring new places. A father of one and with a boisterous dog in his family he is kept on his toes but still finds time to enjoy a walk in the country followed by lunch out.
Mick Fisher - Client Manager
Nick Speight - Accounts Senior
Yvonne Hardman - Payroll Manager
Jack Drydale - Accounts Assistant
Tian Shi - Accounts Assistant
Lucy Webb - Administration and Payroll Assistant
Together with over 30 years experience, the team aim to give their clients peace of mind, tailored to meet their needs and add value to the service that is provided.
Here are some of our most common questions
I am not sure if I need a book keeper?
We do varying levels of bookkeeping, ranging from daily involvement with the business and processing of transactions to providing monthly summaries and reconciliations. We will always endeavour to ensure you are given the best advice on how to proceed with your book keeping and this is best done via an appointment
What areas do you cover?
Although based in Scarborough and Hunmanby we have clients throughout the Yorkshire region. Additionally, as a result of the increasing use of electronic communications and postal services we are able to offer our services to clients around the UK and overseas.
Do you have experience in my field of business?
With over 30 years’ experience we have a diverse skill set and worked with a variety of entities in many industries.
What are your payment terms?
Our standard terms are 21 days upon receipt of invoice. We can offer a monthly payment plan in advance of an agreed annual fee to help you with your cash flow.
How much will this cost me?
We understand everyone is different but as a guide price we charge the following:
- From £120.00 + VAT – Simple Tax Return
- From £300+ VAT – Tax return and small set of accounts
- From £600.00 + VAT – Limited company accounts
- Payroll from £9.50 + VAT per month
- Auto enrolment compliance from £5 + VAT per month
On our initial meeting we will have a review of your requirements to give a more accurate quote.
What if I struggle for time to see my accountant?
We understand how busy life can be. That is why we offer appointments at a time and place convenient to you. We can arrange for early morning, evenings and weekend appointments.
What if I already have an accountant, how do I change?
We do the work for you. The process is simple and involves us writing a courtesy letter to your existing accountant requesting the transfer of information